Wearable technology has been seeing a continuous growth in popularity and capitalizing on this growing trend, there have been several companies who have started to manufacture the same. This has resulted in innumerable brands selling their own brand of fitness tracker. This creates a lot of confusion in the mind of the buyer who gets hassled by the additional features mentioned in the products of the different brands.
Hence it is important to spend some time and conduct a little research on the same so that the buyer is at least aware of the most essential features that need to be present in a fitness tracker. Having a rough idea of the other optional features helps but it is not mandatory to know all the features that the fitness trackers available in the market today, boast of.
Fitness Tracker 1
- Mi Band 3 comes with a larger and clearer 0.78” OLED touch screen
- Battery life is up to 20days ( If Heart rate monitor turned on then battery life will be 1-3days)
- Continuous Heart rate monitoring, Sleep quality and advanced step tracking available
- Water resistant up to 50 meters - 5ATM rating
- You can view incoming calls and messages at a glance. You can also reject calls directly from Mi Band 3.
Fitness Tracker 2
- Track steps, distance, floors climbed, calories climbed..
- Get continuous, automatic, wrist-based heart rate monitoring.
- Built with eight-sensor technology and best-in-class battery life.
- You can view incoming calls & text notifications on display.
- Fitbit surge has a battery life up to 7 days.
- Fitbit surge comes with 1 year Manufacturer Warranty.
Fitness Tracker 3
- Tracks your steps, heart rate, blood pressure, exercise log, calories burned, steps covered, active hours and sleep patterns.
- Blood Pressure Monitor measures your systolic and diastolic blood pressure. It takes a minute to check Blood Pressure.
- GOQii Vital has a battery life up to 7 days.
- Get WhatsApp, SMS, Email and call notifications
- Integrated USB charger present on device. Connect the core to mobile charger, power bank or USB port of laptop
Fitness Tracker 4
- Tracks your steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes
- Get continuous wrist based heart rate monitoring all without an uncomfortable chest strap.
- Multi-sport mode to track running, biking, cardio and cross training to see real stats on display.
- Connect Blaze with the GPS on your phone to map your routes and see run stats like pace and duration on display.
Fitness Tracker 5
- Tracks your steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes
- Fitbit Alta HR has a battery life up to 7 days.
- Altra HR auto-detects workouts like running, biking, cross training and more.
- Sync wirelessly to 200+ Android, Iphone and Windows devices
- Get the power of continuous heart rate in Fitbit's slimmest design yet all day, during workouts
Fitness Tracker 6
- This smart band tracks distance, pace, personal records and includes features like walk/run mode and virtual pacer
- It automatically track your walking, running, biking, swimming and elliptical training throughout the day
- 24/7 heart rate monitoring with elevate wrist heart rate technology, you can track your heart rate all day and night activity tracking accuracy
- vívosmart HR+ quickly acquires satellite signals to track you during your favorite activity or workout, giving you precise data about how far you traveled, how fast and where — even under tree cover.
- It automatically syncs with your smartphone throughout the day to save your stats to our free online community.
Fitness Tracker 7
- Purepulse Heart Rate track heart rate continuously on your wrist to maximize workouts.
- Track your steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes
- Get call, text and calendar notifications on the OLED display
- Automatically track how long and how well you sleep and wake with a silent vibrating alarm
- Sync wirelessly to 200+ Android, Iphone and Windows devices.
Fitness Tracker 8
- Tracks your steps, calories, distance and time of day on backlit display; monitors sleep.
- vívofit 2 follows your progress 24/7 and shows your steps, calories, distance and time of day on its easy-to-read, backlit display.
- Vívofit 2 is water-resistant, so you can shower or get caught in the rain, worry-free.
- Throughout your day, Garmin vivofit 2 automatically syncs to Garmin Connect, a free online portal where users can track their progress
- Backlit Display is always on so you won't miss a beat. Turn on the backlight to see your stats, even in the dark
Features to look in fitness tracker
8 key features that need special mention and which have to be mandatorily present in the fitness tracker to make it functionally relevant are:
The primary duty of the fitness tracker is to log the number of steps taken and the distance covered during a particular work-out. High-end trackers are also able to access the progression of the fitness of the wearer by tracking distance over longer periods.
Since the main job of the fitness tracker is to calculate the amount of calories burnt in a day, the presence of a calorie tracker is one of the most basic features of the same. Some fitness trackers, however, also have the ability to calculate the calorie intake and weight changes.
This helps to keep a track of the heart rate of a person undergoing a workout so that the intensity of the workout is in sync with the heart rate.
This helps the user to keep a tab on the quality and the length of sleep that he undergoes so as to improve general health and fitness.
A bigger display is always preferable since it facilitates easy negotiation between the different applications and features present in the fitness tracker.
Quick and easy connection to the internet and other devices can be enabled using this feature.
Resistance to water and sweat:
IN order to be able to use the fitness tracker for a good many years, it is necessary for it to be water and sweat proof.
This helps the fitness tracker to adjust comfortably on the wearer’s wrist.
Benefits of fitness tracker
There are several reasons to the popularity of the fitness tracker. Some of the known benefits of the same are:
- Helps to keep a track of the heart rate of the user,
- Makes it easy to count the number of steps taken by the user in a day,
- Helps to ensure a good quality of sleep by reminding the user about sleep time and setting up a sleep routine,
- Helps the user to form healthy habits to be followed on a daily basis,
- Helps keep a track of the weight lost thereby providing the required incentive to keep up the weight loss goals,
- Enables the user to set individually tailored goals and keeps a track of the progress of the same thereby making the user personally accountable for reaching the goals set and also encouraging him by showing him the progress made,
- One device multiple applications since the fitness tracker syncs perfectly with the smartphone the user has so that the data available in the tracker is also available on the smartphone.
Well known fitness tracker brands in India
Some of the best known fitness tracker brands available in India are: