We, in India, tend to be a bit laid back where exercising is concerned. Also the fact that today we have also become quite busy leaves us with very little time to set-up and follow a regular exercise routine.
Hence alternative ways which can help us exercise at our own time and pace have become quite popular. Thus equipment’s such as a walker, home gym, exercise bike etc., have seen a steep rise in sales.
The exercise bike or exercise cycle, in particular, has a lot to offer like:
- Burning as much as around 500 calories per hour,
- Toning up muscles of the hips, calves and legs,
- Joints can be gently and carefully handled,
- Improving blood circulation thereby boosting the health of the lungs and the heart etc.
- It is having Dual action handlebars which helpful engage lower and upper body workout
- You can easily adjust tension with the turn of a knob
- This Cockatoo bike digital display tracks your speed, time , distance and calories burned.
- It also comes with shaker bottle
- Cardio Max JSB HF78 Magnetic Upright Fitness X-Bike comes with 4 kg flyweight and 3 cranks for a smooth cycling experience.
- Its folding design also compact in nature that saves lot of space.
- This Cardio Max JSB HF78 bike displays your speed, time , distance traveled.
- Max weight capacity of this bike is 100 kgs, also it comes with 16 level tension controller
- Non skid foot pedals with adjustable foot straps
- This exercise bike is portable and non-motorized machine for daily home use.
- Lifeline 103BS Exercise Bikes electronic meter displays time, distance, speed and calories burned
- you can easily adjust seat and handle position according to your requirement
- It also comes with Gym bag, Sweat belt & Tummy trimmer for stomach exercise
- JSB Cardio Max HF73 Magnetic Upright Bike comes with a 4 kg flyweight for a smooth cycling experience.
- This bike display shows time, distance, speed, pulse, calories, total distance travelled, Scan and Hand Pulse Sensor
- Max weight capacity of this bike is 100 kgs, it is equipped with 8 tension control levels for different athletic needs.
- The seat of this fitness bike is height adjustable.
- This bikes 5 function display shows speed, time, distance and calories, scan and hand pulse
- This bike seat also adjustable in height.
- Features 4 handlebars offer optimum convenience
- This bike display shows time, distance, calories burned, speed and scan.
- Manual tension knob for strength adjustment.
- You can Easily to adjust the seat and handle position as per your convenience.
- Max user weight capacity of this bike is 100 kgs
- It is having adjustable seat with back support and twister
- Frame is very strong and also having Micro Adjustable Tension
- Leeway bike has Digital display. Assembling the product is easy.
- We can easily adjust seat horizontally and vertically.
- Flywheel of magnetic bike is 4.0 kg
- Kobo bike is suitable for people across all age, shape and size.
- This bike functions smoothly and silently
Choosing the best exercise bike
However, in order to avail these benefits it is very important to choose an appropriate stationary exercise bike. With several brands coming up with different models, it can seem quite confusing to the layman. Here are some tips which will make the choice easier.
This is the most defining point since it helps determine the type of exercise bike one needs to buy. Hence if you are someone who is a fitness freak and needs an exercise bike to put in more hours of exercise, you will need a different bike from one who wants to get some training in indoor cycling. Thus it is very important to understand your need before you go on a bike buying spree.
Based on your need, you can choose from three different categories of exercise cycles. These categories or classifications include:
Upright Exercise Cycle resembles a traditional cycle with its pedals properly aligned to the bottom of your feet of the user. The seat also helps to support your weight thereby enabling a proper cardio workout and also engaging the muscles of your upper and lower body. However, you may feel some tenderness on the back or rear.
Recumbent Exercise Bike has a reclining design so that you can comfortably lean back and the pedals are also placed at a position in front of your feet. This type of exercise bike provides the best support thereby reducing tension and pressure on the joints and is extremely good for people with back or knee problems.
They have a distinct similarity with upright bikes and even allow you to stand on the pedals and cycle thereby enabling you to burn the maximum amount of calories. The handlebars are positioned a distance away from the cycle seat thereby forcing the riders to shift forward.
The level of resistance offered by a bike is also something that needs to be taken into consideration especially if you are looking to gaining or toning muscles. The more the resistance, the more is the tension exerted on the muscles and this challenge faced makes it easier to gain more muscle mass.
This factor becomes all important if there are space issues in the place where you live. Thus for small spaces it is always better to opt for fold able exercise bikes since they are easier to store after use.
There are many choices on offer for different price points. It is needless to say that if you opt for a higher priced exercise bike, you will get more features and it will be functionally far better too. But the aim should always be to choose one which gives the best features and utility for the decided budget.
Best Exercise bike/cycle brands in India
Some of the top Indian brands of exercise bikes brands which have been making waves both in terms of utility, expertise and functionality are: