Strength training and dumbbells are an inseparable combination. In fact while different weight training equipment is specifically used to strengthen up muscles in specific regions of the body, the dumbbell is an exception. It is perhaps the single inexpensive equipment which enables multi-planar movements across the whole body thereby increasing the strength and fitness of almost all muscles present in the same.
Typically defined as a short bar having a weight attached to each of its ends, the dumbbell is used in a pair to tone up and build muscles. But before buying a set of dumbbells and starting to use it, everyone needs to be aware of its features so that the correct piece of equipment can be purchased.
- Package Contents: 7. 5 x2 kg=15kg Dumbbells
- Best in quality, long lasting and highly durable
- Ideal for professional muscle builder
- Ridged design ensures that the risk of accidentally losing your grip
- Thick rubber coating also ensures that there are no damages to the surface that you are placing them on
- Package Contents: 5kg x 2 hexa Dumbbells
- These dumbbells are highly durable and long lasting
- Ideal gym equipment for the perfect workout
- The dumbbells are rubber coated
- KORE DM-HEXA-5KG has great grip and mostly used in gym.
- Package Contents: 5kg x 2 Dumbbells
- These dumbbells are Best in quality highly durable and long lasting
- Ideal for Professional Muscle Builder
- The premium quality materials used in these dumbbells enable them to endure extended periods of usage.
- Ridged design on the grip of these dumbbells ensures that the risk of the weights accidentally slipping from your grip while working out is next to none.
- Package Contents: 2 x 2.5 kg = 5 kg Dumbbells
- Best quality, highly durable and long lasting
- Smooth rubber coating provides an anti slip grip and prevents damage to the floor
- Ideal for professional muscle builder
- Dumbbells should placed out of reach of kids in case of home use to avoid injuries
- Package Contents: 5kg x 2 Dumbbells.
- It had good grip, Good for workouts
- High resale value compared to rubber coated ones
- Build quality is good, metal is free from rust
- Package Contents: 3kg x 2 Dumbbells, ideal for women and beginners
- smooth vinyl coating provides an anti slip grip and prevents damage to the floor
- Easy to carry and clean - can be used while travelling
- Dumbbells are useful for increasing strength and endurance
- Package Contents: 2kg x 2 Dumbbells
- Ideal for beginers
- Use to tone up or add resistance to workouts
- Made up of PVC material these dumbbells are long-lasting.
- The dumbbell set comes in an ergonomically designed shape for easy and better grip facilitating a better workout session for the user.
- Package Contents: 3kg x 2 Dumbbells
- Heavy duty and professional build quality
- Anti roll hexagonal shape - designed as a multi-purpose dumbbell
- Ergonomic chrome steel handles - professionally built for comfort and ergonomics
- Package Contents: 0.5 Kg x 2 Dumbbells
- PVC Coated material filled with iron sand
- Hexagonal shape
Features of dumbbells
Features which need to be looked into so as to get the best benefit weight training benefit out of it are:
- Type: There are basically three types of dumbbells that are popularly used for weight training. They are:
- Fixed weight which is the most common type with a set of unchangeable weight fixed at its end,
- Standard adjustable wherein weights can be added and subtracted as per the requirement of the user and
- Selectorised adjustable dumbbells are hi-tech dumbbells wherein the resistance can be adjusted by adding and subtracting weight plates.
- Shape: Hexagonal shaped dumbbells are best suited since there are lesser chances of it rolling away when the user is off-guard and hurting someone. This shape also makes it easier for the user to perform moves such as the renegade row etc.
- Features: It is a known fact that devices with fewer parts generally have a longer life. Hence care must be taken here to ensure that adjustable standard or selectorised dumbbells bought are strong and do not crack easily when frequently used.
- Weight: This needs to be decided as per the requirements of the user. But there are two things which need to be kept in mind when deciding on the appropriate weight for the user. They are:
- In case the weight becomes too heavy, the user will miss out on doing a number of required exercises and
- In case the weights are too less, it will take more effort for the exercises to be effective.
- Material: It is always better to opt for rubber coated dumbbell ends so that in case the dumbbells fall, the impact can be buffered. With shiny metallic plates, the looks are certainly eye-catchy but this buffering cannot take place and thus the impact will be more. In case of the handles, one should opt for knurled or ridged chrome handles to get a firmer grip and to facilitate easy cleaning.
Benefits of dumbbells
There are several benefits to using dumbbells for building muscle strength like:
- Both mechanical and metabolical overloads are provided by dumbbells thereby leading to improved muscle growth and fitness.
- Exercising with dumbbells leads to greater intra and inter-muscular co-ordination thereby facilitating better muscular activation.
- Both the elastic component and the contractile element of the muscles benefit from exercising with dumbbells on a daily basis.
- A variety of exercises can be done using dumbbells.
- With dumbbells it is also possible to concentrate on one specific part of the body like an arm or a leg. This is possible since the dumbbells can be used both as a pair and individually.
- Dumbbells are one of the most inexpensive weight machines to use for gaining muscle strength.
Top selling dumbbell brands in India
Some of the top brands which sell dumbbells in India and are also quite popular are:
- SportSoul etc.